Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tidy Tuesday!

Tuesday is Kitchen and dining room (classroom for me) day! I think everyday is kitchen day around here. We are a family of six and usually every single time I turn around the area I just cleaned is messy again. So teaching our children to clean up after themselves is an every day chore as well. If anyone has good tips on how to get a 5 year old to actually listen and pick up... I'm all ears. I'm hoping that I didn't wait to long to teach our kids how to "clean up as you go". This is new to all of us and we are breaking new ground on the chores front, I'll be sure to keep you updated. The older two are doing alright, The youngest (2 year old) "helps" a lot.  OK enough about my family... What's on my list for today?

Tuesday
Kitchen and Classroom/Dining Room
Organize & wipe down cabinets
Clean out microwave & fridge
Wipe down fridge, dishwasher, toaster and microwave
Clean sliding glass doors & tops of cabinets
Wipe down walls
Organize classroom shelves and books
Wipe down tables and chairs in both rooms
Organize cabinet in classroom and craft cabinet in kitchen
Dust classroom shelves
Wash bed linens from M's room
Sweep and mop floors

Of course your list might be a bit different. If you have a dining room you might need to dust and clean your china cabinet, or buffet. Don't forget those baseboards! All they need is a quick wipe. If the first time you do them they are really dusty, it might take a bit longer. Ask me how I know this. Once you really clean these areas each daily and weekly task becomes easier, then you are just in maintenance mode. Maintenance mode is AWESOME!

 Please let me know how you are doing, or if you want to see anything specific. I can't do photo heavy posts currently, but hopefully I'll get my computer situation fixed and then load posts full of pictures. In the meantime please check out my facebook page and "like" it! I'll have photos posted over there.
Have a great Tidy Tuesday!

No comments: